Deadline: 28 October, 2021
African Population and Health Research Centre (APHRC) has opened applications for the 2021–2022 Master’s Fellowship in Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
APHRC is organising the fellowship in collaboration with the Amref International University (AMIU) and Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST) in Kenya.
The fellowship aims to improve participants’ field surveillance and response to disease outbreaks within East Africa.
- Monthly stipend
- Travel, conference and networking activity support
- Research and community and policy engagement activities
- Holder of a first degree with a background in Nursing, Medicine, Public Health, Laboratory Science, Biostatistics, or Environmental Health
- Early to mid-career health worker based in Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Réunion, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, or Zimbabwe, and working in a field relevant to epidemiology, biostatistics, public health and/or public health informatics
- Affiliation to a National Public Health Institute or Ministry of Health institution that is willing to support the applicant to carry out research work in the area of epidemiology and biostatistics
- Applicant must meet admission requirements for the Master of Science in Epidemiology and Biostatistics programme at JOOUST or the Master of Public Health in Applied Epidemiology programme at AMIU
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Justice Okai-Allotey