Deadline: 13 September, 2021
Seedstars has announced a call for participation in its Digital Democracy Challenge.
The challenge seeks innovative, low-cost, and viable digital solutions to uphold civic and democratic public space.
Technology has facilitated inclusive participation far beyond any other means of communication. It has also served to promote democracy and expand citizen participation while also reaching people who have been left out of democratic processes.
Hence, it is vitally important that people come together to develop innovative solutions and contribute to furthering Goal 16 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Winner of the challenge will receive $10,000
- Runner-up will get $8,000
- Third-place finisher will get $6,000
- Entrant must be a team member
- Entrants must be passionate about solving issues surrounding the decline of democracy globally
- Participant must have an idea that can be developed further during the hackathon
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Seedstars