Deadline: 14 August, 2021
Locations: South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of the Congo
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is seeking to fill the role of Education Project Manager.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
- Provide substantive and technical support and advice in the cohesive development and implementation of tailored initiatives to increase the capacity of national justice institutions, including justice support projects and programmes aimed at strengthening the national justice system to investigate and prosecute terrorism-related and transnational organised crime
- Support the development and implementation of a training plan for national justice institutions
- Provide expert advice and guidance to national counterparts on the development and implementation of overarching strategies related to strengthening domestic justice institutions
- Support national counterparts in extending the delivery of justice services, particularly vulnerable groups, including through the development and implementation of mobile court initiatives and legal aid clinics
- Provide technical advice and expertise to national authorities on the methods and techniques employed during all phases of the prosecution process, including case development, interviewing victims, witnesses, and suspects, gathering and safeguarding evidence, preparing evidence for trial, and presenting a case before the court
- Assist in the development and application of standard operating procedures, prosecution guidelines and checklists, forms for briefs and other documents for the prosecution service in line with international standards and best practices
- Provide technical advice and support for the development and implementation of case management systems, evidence management systems, and analytical tools
- Support the development and implementation of activities aimed at building the capacity of national judicial institutions including undertaking analysis of gaps and identification of needs, procurement and recruitment processes, and development of partnerships
- Participate in fundraising efforts for national judicial institutions through advocacy, development of project proposals, etc
- Establish contact and maintain effective relations with government officials, national rule of law professionals, other mission components, agencies, funds and programmes of the United Nations system, cooperation agencies, donors, bilateral and multilateral technical partners, civil society organisations, and others, ensuring consultation and cohesion in the area of international support to the justice and penitentiary systems
- Carry out other duties as required
- Degree in Law, or alternatively, a combination of first-level university degree and two years, minimum, of relevant work experience
- Five years, minimum, of relevant experience as a lawyer, prosecutor, investigating judge/legal/judicial advisor, or project manager in a national judicial system, international organisation, or mixed criminal court
- Experience in justice programmes management, including monitoring, evaluation and oversight will be a plus
- Experience in providing technical assistance in a multicultural environment outside country of origin and experience in mentoring and training will be a plus
- Fluency (written and spoken) in Norwegian, English and French
- Excellent I.T. skills
- Driver’s licence
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: WOCinTech Chat