Deadline: 15 September, 2021
Applications are now open for the 2022 Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders.
Since 2014, nearly 4,400 young leaders from every country in sub-Saharan Africa have participated in the fellowship, which is the flagship programme of the U.S. government’s Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI).
- Participate in a six-week leadership institute at a U.S. college or university to share experiences with and learn from U.S. citizens and other fellows
- Explore industries beyond daily work and expand expertise
- Attend a summit with young African leaders in Washington, D.C
- Meet with U.S. government, civic, and business leaders
- Strengthen work through new connections, skills, and ideas
- Open to young African leaders between the ages of 25 and 35 on or before the application deadline, although exceptional applicants between the ages of 21 and 24 will be considered
- Applicants must be eligible to receive a United States J-1 visa
- Applicants must not be employees or immediate family members of employees of the U.S. government (including a U.S. embassy or consulate, USAID, or other U.S. government entity)
- Applicants must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English (additional guidance coming for applicants who are deaf)
- Applicants must not be Alumni of the Mandela Washington Fellowship
To apply and for more information, Click here.
Photo source: Mandela Washington Fellowship