Deadline: 19 August, 2021
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
The International Labour Organisation (ILO) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Events Officer.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
- Act as the public relations officer for the office and coordinate ILO activities at the national level in relation to VGC
- Follow the discussions related to the VGC in ILO governing body and international labour conference
- Monitor the progress of ILO activities related to VGC by reviewing, verifying and analysing work plans, progress reports, final reports and any other information for clarity, consistency and completeness
- Identify problems, propose solutions and actions and follow up with relevant department at both HQ and regional office, implementing agencies, government offices, constituents and other organisations to accelerate implementation and achieve the objectives of the project and VGC
- Oversee administrative and programmatic activities related to the VGC
- Carry out missions independently or accompanying other officers
- Supervise the work of support staff and always consult with the responsible professionals in Pretoria and Geneva offices on any of the technical issues that will be part of the VGC
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the director of the office
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Sociology, Political Science, Social Sciences, or a related field
- Three years, minimum, of professional experience in project management, supervision, administration, and implementation of agreements
- Experience in a leadership role implementing development projects related to child labour and/or forced labour
- Excellent command of English
- Good knowledge of a local language
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ILO