Deadline: 16 August, 2021
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is seeking to fill the role of National Climate Change and Migration Specialist.
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Assume overall technical responsibility for the smooth implementation of the activities in accordance with the project documents and the ToR
- Prepare and submit inception reports with plan of action and timetable
- Coordinate with the professional staff in FAO Zimbabwe and HQ involved in the implementation of the project, assist with the work plan and development of the project activities and coordinate actions through regular exchanges, knowledge management, and capacity building activities
- Manage the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of the project activities, including organising workshops, trainings and periodic meetings, supporting the identification and selection of service providers, and monitoring and facilitating the delivery of contracted activities, liaising with national and local governments, UN agencies and other stakeholders, fostering partnerships and overseeing the process of policy dialogue promoted by the project
- Coordinate the development and rollout of studies, capacity development and green-job-related activities including liaising with the service providers, reviewing reports and providing technical support on migration, climate and environmental change
- Prepare and submit reports on progress of project’s implementation as well as the final report
- Monitor activity implementation to ensure delivery according to the work plan timeline and support monitoring of expenditures to ensure project-related costs stay within the allocated budget
- Collaborate with other existing migration, climate change adaptation and green-jobs-related interventions in Zimbabwe that may bring collaborations and partnerships
- Support resource mobilisation efforts, including preparation of concept notes
- Advanced university degree in Migration, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Environmental Studies, or a related field
- Working knowledge of migration
- Knowledge of the migration-climate change nexus is an asset
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good project planning, implementation and monitoring skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Nationality of Zimbabwe
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Barefootcollege