Deadline: 02 November, 2021
Applications are now open for the 2022 Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship.
The Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship is aimed at mid-career Ethiopian public servants and government officials with demonstrable skills in the fields of policy, innovation, and leadership.
The fellowship, funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office, is hosted by Coventry University in multiple locations across the UK (London, Birmingham, Coventry, and other regions) and in Brussels, Belgium.
- Participants will receive full programme payment and living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Participants will get return economy airfare from Ethiopia to the UK
- There will be study visits to, and project opportunities with, a variety of UK and EU government organisations
- Participants will have an opportunity to study on a ‘real-life’ policy-based project and this may be accompanied by a short placement in an appropriate government agency
- In addition to expert tutor-led sessions and interactive workshops, the programme will include specialist guest talks from experienced government leaders and policymakers, as well as formal and informal networking opportunities
- Open to citizens of Ethiopia and currently live in the country
- Applicant must return to country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship
- Applicant must have at least seven years of relevant public service experience prior to applying
- Applicant must have a postgraduate level qualification, or equivalent professional training, or experience in a relevant area at the time of application
- Applicant must be able to speak and write in English excellently
- Applicant must already be, or aspire to be, a senior leader in the Ethiopian public service
- Applicant must demonstrate a commitment to leadership development and innovation
- Applicant must not hold British or dual-British citizenship
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ILRI