Deadline: 18 July, 2021
SNV, in partnership with the European Union (EU), has announced a call for participation in the 2021 Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities in Ghana (GrEEn) Innovation Challenge.
The GrEEn Innovation Challenge is a yearly competition aimed at supporting SMEs and businesses that have outstanding, innovative green ideas.
The challenge forms part of GrEEn’s objective of supporting entrepreneurs and green SMEs to increase their operations.
- Matching grants will be awarded as co-investments through a competitive process
- Up to €25,000 of the total required investment for proposed initiatives will be provided
- The solution must be economically viable either in the form of a social or for-profit business
- The solution must have a positive impact on the climate, environment and community
SMEs must be located in the Ashanti or Western regions or have operations in the regions (for instance as a source of input or with an operational office)
- SMEs must have been operating in the Ashanti or Western regions for at least one year
- The solution must be in the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), renewable energy and energy efficiency and/or agriculture sectors
- The solution must have been developed and ready to go to market (at least a working prototype or demo) or already on the market with existing customers
- The lead entrepreneur must be between the ages of 18 and 35
- The age of women entrepreneurs can be up to 40
- Priority will be given to businesses led by women-led and/or returning migrants
To participate and for more information, click here.
Photo source: WOCinTech Chat