Deadline: 14 August, 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has opened applications for the role of Communication for Development (C4D) Officer.
Across 190 countries and territories, UNICEF works for every child, everywhere, every day, building a better world for everyone.
- Design, implement, and evaluate strategic communication initiatives, programme interventions
- Guide the communication component of emergency preparedness and response
- Provide technical support in the planning and implementation of special events and campaigns for high-impact sustainable social and behaviour change communication programming
- Provide guidance to programme sections as well as government ministries, agencies and departments, media, community groups, community leaders, partners and with civil society for promotion of evidence-based social and behaviour change communication initiatives and interventions
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Public or Environmental Health, or a related field
- Three years, minimum, of experience in carrying out communication for development at community level
- Professional work experience in development communication strategies including monitoring framework, development of tools and development of materials
- Experience in working in emergency preparedness and response
- Evidence of work with UN or other development or multilateral agencies in communication for behaviour and social change, hygiene promotion, community engagement or social mobilisation
- Excellent communication, facilitation, coordination and writing skills
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ILRI