Deadline: 13 August, 2021
Journalism and Media Lab (Jamlab) has opened applications for the 2021–2022 Jamlab Accelerator Programme (JAP) for sub-Saharan Africa.
The programme offers a unique opportunity for startups to fast-track their initiatives as it provides them with the tools, facilities, contacts, and support necessary to convert ideas and ambitions into a commercially viable venture or product.
- Virtual mentoring and coaching from experienced media, startup and tech experts and entrepreneurs
- Free places on a three-month media entrepreneurship course offered by Wits Journalism
- Access to a technical support development team
- Opportunities to pitch to potential investors, funders and various stakeholders with a minimum viable product
- Access to network which includes, but not limited to, programme alumni
- Open to committed and creative journalists and media makers who are passionate about fixing what is not working in sub-Saharan African media
- Open to startups that want to create innovative products or services to serve new audiences, or bring new conversations or ideas to the public
- Applications from all countries across sub-Saharan Africa, particularly those in Benin Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, and Zambia, are welcome
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Jamlab