Deadline: 10 September, 2021
This grant provides support for ecologists in Africa to carry out innovative ecological research. It is also designed to support the development of skills, and excellent ecological science in Africa by funding services and equipment.
- The maximum value of a grant is £8,000
- An additional sum of up to £2,000 may be requested to fund travel
- Successful applicants will also receive two years of free BES membership and free online access to journals
- Be a scientist and a citizen of a country in Africa or its associated islands that is a ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ according to the World Bank categorisation
- Have at least an MSc or equivalent degree
- Be working for a university or research institution in Africa (including field centres, NGOs, museums etc.) that provides basic research facilities
- Carry out the research in a country in Africa or its associated islands
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: British Ecological Society