Deadline: 25 June, 2021
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has opened applications for the 2021 Youth with Refugees Art Contest.
Themed ‘Together through sport’, the 2021 contest sheds light on the power of sport to bring people together and create a sense of hope.
This year, participants can send an illustration and enter the #dreamball design contest. The best designs will be turned into footballs made by an ethical manufacturing company and sold to support sporting activities for refugees.
- Best creations will be shared with UNHCR’s ten million followers on their social media platforms and featured in a digital exhibition
- Finalists will receive special prizes and goodies from UNHCR
- The five best #dreamball designs will be turned into footballs stitched by refugees and host community members in Kenya
- Open to artists between ten and 30 years of age
- Applicant does not need to be a professional artist as anyone can be creative in their own way
- Young refugees, asylum-seekers, stateless and internally displaced persons are most welcome to join the contest
To submit and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Rhealyz Naija