Deadline: 18 June, 2021
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) World Heritage Centre has announced a call for proposals for the #SOSAfricanHeritage 2021.
Proposals are expected to help to overcome an existing impairment caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
By providing financial and technical support to UNESCO World Heritage sites and Biosphere Reserves in Africa, the German Commission for UNESCO aims to assist in maintaining independent and sustainable organisational structures, strengthen the involvement and participation of civil society and local communities and to protect the uniqueness of the sites.
The funding is also designated to secure activities focusing on education for sustainable development, global citizenship education and cultural diversity.
- Winner will get between €10,000 and €20,000
- Open to the institutions officially defined as responsible for the sites inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List or in UNESCO’s World Network of Biosphere Reserves and their management
- Proposals are possible from all African countries that are member states of UNESCO, including those in North Africa
- Proposals must come directly from the officially defined institutions
- Applying institution/site need to have a valid bank account registered under legal name
- Proposals must be submitted in English or French via the attached application form
To submit and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNESCO World Heritage Centre