Deadline: 29 June, 2021
location: Brazzaville, Congo
World Health Organisation (WHO) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social Media Officer.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy
- Manage WHO-AFRO and the regional director’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Develop engaging content for social media platforms, to communicate strategic messaging, advocate with, and influence stakeholders as well as increase outreach with targeted, new audiences
- Collaborate with other communications team members, including the supervisor and editor, to generate material for social media communications
- Contribute to messaging and positioning of the organisation in written and other products
- Work with communications team members on the development and implementation of social media campaigns including guided interaction with followers and other audiences
- Build the capacity of communications officers in country offices through training, creating templates and providing shareable content
- Use the analytics provided by the various social media platforms regularly to provide reports on the key indicators of social media engagement
- Post relevant web stories and other content on the AFRO website
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or a related field
- Two years, minimum, of experience in managing social media accounts and communications for an organisation or a legitimate enterprise
- Demonstrated capacity in managing social media accounts, sharing knowledge, communicating, and increasing followers
- Expert knowledge of English and intermediate knowledge of French
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: WHO/Pierre Virot