Deadline: 08 June, 2021
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Analyst.
UNOPS’ mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
- Monitor open source information feeds to provide alert on relevant incident
- Research explosive hazard threats
- Draft and contribute to analytical reports on explosive hazard threats
- Provide overall support to the explosive hazard analysis team in the production of threat analysis
- Document and record all IED incident reports
- Support the compilation and production of IED weekly/monthly statistics, presentations and reports
- Provide general administrative assistance while managing the day-to-day running of the office to ensure smooth, effective and efficient operation
- Contribute to the identification and dissemination and of best practices and lessons learnt with IED threat mitigation
- Maintain spreadsheets, database files, and tables, ensuring accuracy of information
- Assist with office administration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with two years, minimum, of relevant experience
- One year, minimum, of experience working in an international organisation
- Experience in report writing
- Experience in preparing and conducting presentation
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing)
- Knowledge of Somali (highly desirable)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNCTAD