Location: Hawassa, Ethiopia
Plan International is seeking to fill the role of Procurment Officer.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- Undertake successfully all procurement processing and follow up on goods and services requested for emergency and development response operation or other requests as assigned by the supervisor
- Perform transparent transactions, purchasing and delivery of goods and services within prior agreed lead times and ensure all purchases are properly documented
- Perform timely collection of quotations as per the procurement threshold/guideline and approved purchase requisition for goods and services and performing purchase transactions
- Conduct appropriate market assessments upon the direction provided by the procurement manager
- Collect adequate information about suppliers and market conditions and reporting supplier details, product lists and price lists to the procurement manager
- Fully perform additional duties as per the request of the procurement manager, head of the department or CLT
- Effectively support and give sufficient orientation to requesting units or programmes on creating and approving of purchase requisition from the system
- Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s code of conduct
- Ensure Plan International’s global policies for safeguarding children and young people and gender equality and inclusion are fully embedded in day-to-day work
- Ensure Plan International Ethiopia contributes to the organisation’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure relevant reporting and data are submitted
- Diploma or equivalent in Business Administration, Management, Purchasing and Supplies Management, Supply Chain Management, or a related field
- Three years of experience in the area of procurement
- Procurement-related experience with the UN or an NGO
- Experience in emergency procurement will be a plus
- Fluency in English language
- Knowledge of local languages (desirable)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Barefootcollege