Deadline: 15 June, 2021
Plan International is seeking to fill the role of Information and Communication Coordinator.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- Support and coordinate country offices, NOs, and emergency, fundraising and advocacy staff in emergency response in line with global strategy and in ways that increase the organisation’s ‘visibility’ in traditional media, and engagement on social media
- Ensure a timely pipeline of updated communications material and information needed for communications, advocacy and fundraising outreach to ensure the organisation achieves its media ambitions
- Develop and produce global, multimedia content packages relating to Plan Internationl humanitarian work at key moment in the CSR
- Support country offices affected by coordinating media requests, anticipating communications needs, develop communications material such as press releases, talking points, stories, backgrounders, social media and other material
- Deploy to the field when extra support is required to support broader media and communications work and offer capacity building and training
- Brief RO and NOs on humanitarian communications messages
- Engage with international media on news stories relating to Plan International emergency and humanitarian work, including by developing content for use by media teams across the confederation, as a means of increasing the organisation’s voice
- Monitor key performance indicators relating to global communications emergency response work, including by sharing best practices and lessons learnt following disasters, reporting on progress and results in the media and communications area to the wider confederation
- Lead the maintenance of the Plan International website, including upgrading and development work needed to align with organisational evolution
- Ensure website is updated with the latest emergency information for the CSR
- Lead Plan International’s social media work, and ensure global consistency of messaging and accuracy of information in the organisation’s communications material and channels
- Master’s degree (or a combination of bachelor’s degree and relevant experience) in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field
- Three years, minimum, of experience in media or public relations, preferably in an international setting
- Experience travelling, working or living in a developing country, preferably during an emergency or crisis
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of the field of international relief and development
- Fluency in written and spoken English and at least one other major language used by Plan International
- Ability to act as a Plan International spokesperson
- Proven ability to produce corporate communications material
- Knowledge of internet content management systems
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Plan International