Deadline: 04 July, 2021
Location: Dimma, Ethiopia
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has opened applications for the role of Base Manager in the organisation.
The international non-governmental organisation (NGO) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997.
DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants.
- Support the management of finance, admin, and stock/assets processes in the base, in line with DRC processes and procedures, donor regulation and national legislation
- Ensure all staff members receive inductions, code of conduct training and relevant training and capacity building to meet KPIs
- Ensure smooth day-to-day running of base, including responsibility for management and maintenance of the DRC office/guesthouse, management of office supplies and consumables, ensuring prompt payment of suppliers, and maintaining and overseeing guard schedules
- Ensuring adherence to DRC security procedures according to the DRC operations handbook and local security rules
- Lead in coordination and liaison with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors, including UN, INGOs and local authorities
- Ensure timely and quality project updates and coordination inputs
- Support and oversee programme staff on the base, including oversight and quality control of programme activities to ensure timely implementation in accordance with DRC standard regulations and operational procedures and in line with workplans
- Ensure at all times contact with beneficiaries, target groups and representatives of authorities is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Supervise implementation of projects via monitoring and evaluation
- Support and mentor staff members by identifying clear deliverables and providing training
- Master’s degree in Political Science, International Development, Economics, or a related field
- Five years, minimum, of experience in with relevant INGO
- Three years, minimum, of experience managing people
- Substantial work experience in the areas of emergency, camp management, development sector, especially with displaced communities can substitute education qualification
- Experience managing field offices
- Experience in project management and proven organisational skills
- Good knowledge of relevant donors
- Experience dealing with national partners and local/government authorities
- Professional background in working with internally displaced persons and/or refugees
- Good experience in training and liaising with national NGOs
- Experience working in multicultural work settings
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in Somali, Amharic, and English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: DRC