Deadline: 19 May, 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Associate.
WFP works to ensure the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Perform specialised and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines
- Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures
- Collect and summarise assistance programme(s) data, collaborating with cooperating partners, where required
- Conduct analysis and prepare reports to support programme reviews and informative decision making
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities
- Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes
- Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions
- Facilitate the adoption of appropriate latest digital tools for data collection, analysis and visualisation
- Advanced university degree in Programing, Monitoring, International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, or a related field, or first university degree with years of relevant experience and/or training/courses
- Five years, minimum, of experience (desirable)
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Excellent written and verbal English and French
- Ability to work according to tight deadlines and handle multiple activities
- Familiarity with monitoring and result-based management
- Understanding and good working knowledge of database management system
- Knowledge of local language
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa