Deadline: 10 May, 2021
Location: Bamenda, Cameroon
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Officer.
WFP works to ensure the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes, ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards
- Support logistics operational activities by following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries
- Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to senior staff to improve performance of logistics operations
- Conduct regular financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to senior staff to optimise use of available funds
- Contribute to consolidation and preparation of operational pipeline planning, and to the management of operational aspects of the supply chain (procurement, shipping, railway operation), including checking document and customs clearance readiness, loading and discharging operations and contracting of applicable transport, warehouse and any relevant logistics services
- Contribute to supply chain by providing technical support and guidance to other field office unit/services and the country office
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries
- Advanced university degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management, or a related field, or first university degree with seven years of related work experience and/or training/courses
- Five years, minimum, of professional experience in commercial or humanitarian transportation sectors
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on transport and freight market conditions and trends
- Experience in warehouse and commodity management
- Experience in working with corporate systems (database, software)
- Experience in managing staff and improving performance
- Experience in working with a UN agency will be a plus
- Knowledge of dealing with shipments and clearing imports/exports with customs officials
- Ability to coordinate procurement and transportation processes with other units/teams
- Fluency (level C) in both English and French
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: WFP