Deadline: 30 July, 2021
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) has announced a call for applications for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme.
The fellowship is designed for young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology at the National Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
- Participants will receive a standard monthly allowance
- Applicants must be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand)
- Applicants must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics, Biotechnology, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Molecular Immunology, Biochemistry, Medical Technology, Cell Culture Technology, and Bioprocess Technology, or a related discipline
- Applicants must meet the requirements of the postdoctoral positions available at BIOTEC and its research units
- Apply for the fellowship within three years of having obtained a PhD
- Applicant must not be more than 40 years old by the date of the submission of application
- Applicants must be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in home countries where they must hold a research assignment
- Applicants must provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English (if the medium of instruction was not English)
- Applicants must provide evidence they will return to their home countries on completion of the fellowship
- Applicants must not take up other assignments during the period of fellowship
- Applicants must be financially responsible for any accompanying family members
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: CIFOR