The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking to fill the role of Mental Health Care Navigation Team (MHNT) Nurse/Officer.
IRC is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development non-governmental organisation.
- Provide health education at MHNT sites
- Provide consultation and treatment for children based on IMNCI protocol
- Provide proper nutrition screening and emergency nutrition services based on national protocols
- Prepare, compile and ensure timely submission of child health and nutrition services report
- Manage child health and nutrition products/drugs stock, and follow up on the stock level, utilisation, and balance, and notify early shortage to MHNT team leader
- Conduct demonstration of super cereal plus and other nutrition product preparation for new mothers to ensure appropriate utilisation
- Assist HEWs in providing child health and nutrition services
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by the MHNT team leader and senior health officer
- Bachelor’s degree/MD/master’s degree in Public Health/Nurse/Midwifery
- Three years, minimum, of experience for holders of bachelor’s degree, two years for holders of master’s degree, and one year for MD holders
- Basic supervisory/managerial skills, with strong interpersonal skills
- Emergency health response experience with an NGO (preferable)
- Experience in working with communities in participatory approaches and capacity building of staff members in health centres
- Ability to plan, organise, and supervise implementation of emergency health response projects
- Good technical and report writing skills with computer skills and knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work under pressure in remote areas and understanding of the cultural context of the local area
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: IRC