Deadline: 31 May, 2021
Facebook has opened applications for the 2021 Community Accelerator Programme.
The programme, according to Facebook, focuses on helping leaders harness the power of their community to turn ideas into action.
Participants will identify an important initiative that will create a positive impact on the broader world and develop a plan to mobilise their community around their goal.
Initiatives will be shared with an audience of potential partners, mentors and a panel of judges for the chance to be awarded additional funding and receive public recognition.
Participants will then spend three months executing their initiatives.
- Participants will each receive up to $50,000 for their participation in the programme and to fund their community initiatives during the eight-month programme
- Participants could be eligible to receive part of the one million dollars of additional funding available to further fund their community initiatives
- Up to $7.5 million will be awarded to programme participants in total
- This programme is open to communities that have a presence in Facebook groups with leaders who are 18 years of age or older and reside in South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco, and 17 other countries
- Communities must have existed for over one year and must have a minimum size of 1,000 members
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Facebook