Deadline: 08 June, 2021
British Council has opened applications for the 2021 Future News Worldwide programme.
The Future News Worldwide is a partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations.
The aim of the programme is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills.
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, this year’s Future News Worldwide conference will again be online. The 2021 theme is ‘Climate, Covid-19 and the rise of disinformation: how journalism can best serve a world in crisis’.
- After the conference, delegates can join a global alumni network, helping them to engage with one another, implement their learning and continue their professional development
- Applicants can come from any region of the world
- Open to undergraduate and postgraduate students between the ages of 18 and 25, and graduates who completed their degree programmes after 01 July, 2019
- It is not essential for applicants to be studying journalism, but applicants should be fully committed to a career in media.
- Applicants must be available to attend a conference session
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Africa University