Deadline: 22 June, 2021
Beyond the Grid Fund for Africa (BGFA) has opened applications for funding of provision of stand-alone solutions.
The funding is focused on incentivising experienced energy service providers (ESPs) to further scale up their sales of entry level stand-alone systems to customers in remote areas.
- Successful applicant will receive between two and three million euros
- Applicants (single ESP companies applying for BGFA3 funding) or lead applicants (ESP companies applying for funding on behalf of a project consortium) should be for-profit companies
- Applicants/lead applicants should be legally incorporated and included in the register of for-profit companies in the project country or commit to being incorporated and registered as such before signing a possible contract
- Applicants/lead applicants should be in compliance with all tax, regulatory and legal frameworks in both their home countries and the project countries (if different)
- Applicants/lead applicants are allowed to include non-profit entities, public institutions, community-based organisations or other non-commercial entities to take part in the project implementation as a significant sub-contractor, a project partner or a consortium member
- No governmental entity, public agency, or donor may function as a consortium member, a project partner or a significant sub-contractor
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Beyond the Grid Fund for Africa