Deadline: 31 August, 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) and Japan have announced a call for applications for the Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Programme.
The programme, initiated in 2017, is a capacity building project with the aim of providing two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students to enable them to undergo postgraduate studies.
The overarching goal the AfDB and the government of Japan seek to attain is to enhance skills and human resources development in Africa under the bank’s high-five agenda.
- Economy class air travel between home country and the host university at the start of the programme and immediately following the end of the scholarship period
- Tuition for a graduate programme and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university
- Monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books
- Be a national of AfDB member country
- Be in good health
- Hold bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in the energy area (or related field) earned at least one year prior to the application deadline
- Have one year or more of recent development-related experience after earning a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Be accepted unconditionally to enrol in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JADS partner universities for a master’s degree programme
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: AfDB