Deadline: April 30 2021
Media Monitoring Africa (MMA) has announced a call for participation in the 2021 lsu Elihle Awards.
The lsu Elihle Awards aim to encourage journalists to highlight issues that are faced by children in Africa.
Journalists are encouraged to submit their story ideas and these can be targeted at any mainstream news medium such as TV, radio or online.
- Journalists behind ideas will each receive ZAR10,000
- MMA will also offer support to the finalists to develop their concepts
- Final cash prizes will be awarded as follows: ZAR 25,000 (overall winner); ZAR15,000 (second place); and ZAR10,000 (third place)
- Open to professional journalists, whether directly employed or freelancers, working in Africa
- Employees and the immediate families of MMA are not eligible to participate in the competition
- All entries and story ideas should be in English
- Applicants are strictly limited to a maximum of one entry; however, each media house can have as many applicants as it wishes
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Isu Elihle