Deadline: 17 May, 2021
Mixed Migration Centre has announced a call for participation in its 2021 Short Essay Competition.
The winning essays will offer original analysis, alternative narrative or new perspectives of mixed migration and related issues, from the global south, as well as the specific region where the authors are based.
The subject matter can relate to any aspect included in mixed migration such as the politics or trends around migration or displacement; human smuggling or human trafficking; refugees and asylum issues; immobility; human mobility and climate change; migration myths, misconceptions or biases.
Also, the perspective can be local or regional, conceptual or based on case studies.
- The five winners will receive a prize of $1,500 each
- The five winners will also have their essays published in a section of the MMR2021 dedicated to ‘Alternative Voices’
- The competition is open to writers from and based in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Writers must be 30 years of age or younger
- Essays should be between 1,500 and 2,000-word long
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: US Embassy SA