Deadline: 19 April, 2021
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
World Vision International is seeking to fill the role of Senior Programme Officer.
The mission of World Vision International includes working with the poor and people who are oppressed as it promotes human transformation.
- Identify and lead proposal development (including design facilitation and writing) teams to pursue opportunities for funding aligned with the organisation’s strategic priorities in a professional and timely manner
- Provide leadership in proposal development for proposals at all value levels, including grants and non-sponsorship
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with donors, partners, and WV support offices to identify new funding opportunities to meet funding gaps and/or growth in programme/projects, which respond to needs in target communities
- Manage relationships with WV support offices that focus on private non-sponsorship funding
- Support relationships with local funders as needed
- University degree in International Relations, Development Studies, or a related field with four years, minimum, of resource mobilisation work experience
- Five years, minimum, of work experience in an international NGO
- Three years, minimum, of writing and design of proposals for bilateral or multilateral funding
- Strong relevant experience in managing relations with donors and partners and understanding of key donor requirement (specifically USAID, EU, and DFID)
- Work experience with other international organisations, large NGOs and/or governmental development agencies
- Strong presentation, networking and donor engagement skills
- Technical exposure to two sectors (health/nutrition, education, WASH, livelihoods/resilience, DRR, gender/protection), minimum, through proposal development experience and/or networks is a strong advantage
- Experience in project management will be a plus
- Experience with private sector donors will be a plus
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: World Vision International