Deadline: 21 April, 2021
Location: Cairo, Egypt
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking to fill the role of Procurement Assistant.
WFP works to ensure the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, supporting professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations
- Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programmes and operational activities, ensuring standard processes are followed
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow-up actions to ensure supplies reach HQ and field operations
- Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, ensuring information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs
- Provide technical support and/or allocate work to other support staff in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas
- University degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Supply Chain, Economics, or a related field
- Degree in Procurement of Supply Chain Management, Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or a similar international certification will be a distinct advantage
- Five years, minimum, of progressively responsible work experience in procurement
- Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Barefootcollege