Deadline: 21 April, 2021
Location: Cairo, Egypt
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking to fill the role of Business Support Assistant.
WFP works to ensure the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing of reports by other staff members
- Respond to queries and escalate, where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients
- Support processing and managing of routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas
- Provide revision and proofreading services for standard documents
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, ensuring information is accurate and readily available for the function
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards
- University degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Four years, minimum, of experience in growing business revenue
- Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer applications, including Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa