Deadline: 13 April, 2021
Location: Bamako, Mali
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Transport Assistant.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
- Take steps to obtain administrative documents (car registration, insurance, etc.) of vehicles as required by the laws of the country and ensure timely renewal of the documents
- Assign drivers and vehicles every day to the official races of the office
- Ensure and follow up on maintenance and repairs of vehicles in garages, and check logbooks
- Periodically report fuel consumption and maintenance and repair costs
- Keep track of drivers’ overtime benefits and register them for payment
- Ensure drivers are aware of the country’s rules of conduct
- Follow up with local authorities and accident insurance formalities
- Ensure that driver trips are closed at the end of missions
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Advanced degree in Administration, Finance or Logistics
- Five years, minimum, of travel-related work experience
- Familiarity with fleet management software (highly desirable)
- Experience in UN or NGO environment is an asset
- Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station (highly desirable)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Simon Berry