Deadline: 13 April, 2021
Location: Windhoek, Namibia
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking to fill the role of Development Finance Specialist.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
- Manage the SDG financing-related projects including monitoring, reporting and evaluation interventions
- Provide technical and programmatic support to strategically position the SDG financing agenda-related projects and initiatives, including the INFF, the SDG Impact Investment Fund, the SDG Investor Mapping initiative into the private sector’s view
- Strategically and technically engage with the private sector to build consensus on financing and achievement of the SDGs
- Manage the SDG finance-related projects, including the INFF component of the SDG Fund Joint programme, the SDG Impact Investment Fund, and future SDG interventions supported by UNDP
- Coordinate the development of short and long-term strategic plans of the projects including, but not limited to, timely quarterly workplans, whilst taking into account emerging issues
- Conduct knowledge management, and ensure knowledge sharing among projects
- Coordinate and perform knowledge extraction, analysis, documentation, codification of results/lessons learnt on private sector partnerships and public-private sector partnership and other development partners
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Management, or a related field
- Five years of extensive experience in development work, project/programme coordination and management, policy analysis and development
- Experience in developing systems, procedures, guidelines, manuals and templates for reporting and verification practices
- Experience and knowledge of development effectiveness and cooperation, gender equality and its related issues will be a plus
- Experience with UNDP work on integrated development, impact investment and private sector engagements will be a plus
- Experience in working with government institutions
- Experience in the use of computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, as well as experience in handling web-based management systems
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to communicate in any other local language will be a plus
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ELSA International