Deadline: 20 August, 2021
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS), in partnership with South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF) and Department of Science and Technology (DST), has opened applications for the TWAS-NRF Doctoral Fellowships.
The fellowship is designed for scientists from developing countries (other than South Africa) to enable them to pursue PhD research in the natural sciences.
- Fellows will each receive partial cost of study (PCS) funding, which will cover tuition (R30,000 per annum) and accommodation (R60,000 per annum)
- NRF will cover cheapest return economy flight and the visa and/or study permit costs
- Be citizens and permanent residents from developing countries in African and elsewhere
- Be living, studying or working in South Africa in 2021
- Applicants who were previously employed or studying towards a degree, or undertaking research in South Africa, and have returned to their country of origin, but have been in their country of origin for less than two years, are not eligible to apply
- Applicants must have obtained MSc degree in natural sciences
- Applicants must have obtained 65 percent, minimum, at master’s level in order to apply for doctoral funding
- Applicants must be 32 years of age or less by 31 December of the year of application
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Justice Okai-Allotey