Deadline: 15 April, 2021
Location: Accra, Ghana
SNV is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Advisor, Climate and Collaborative Resource Management.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
- Support the engagement of partners at all levels, e.g., sector agencies, relevant CSOs, district assemblies and private sector organisations, towards delivery of project outputs
- Assist in developing protocols for field data collection, accessing secondary data from relevant institutions, collating, analysing and reporting in close partnership with relevant project partners
- Provide technical input in developing and introducing learning platforms and participatory forest monitoring
- In coordination with key project partners, develop detailed activity plans and budget, prepare paperwork and liaise with relevant project partners and stakeholders
- Make logistical arrangements and coordinate all (financial, human and time) resources for activities
- Assist in managing all local project contracts, consultants and other local suppliers of goods and services
- Monitor activity implementation progress and quality of fieldwork implemented by consultant service providers
- Assist in preparing and updating, regularly, workplans and reports, news articles, and other knowledge products of the project to keep project partners informed about project progress
- Master’s degree in Environmental or Development Studies, Forestry, Social Sciences, or a similar discipline
- Three years, minimum, of relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience in development work, preferably related to multi-stakeholder platforms and participatory research
- Proven capacity to supervise and coordinate field work teams
- Ability to work under local conditions and spend long periods in the field
- Proven capacity to synthesise and report on field work activities
- Strong commitment to assigned tasks, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications (Word and Excel), internet and email
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: SNV