Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking to fill the role of Senior Health Officer.
IRC is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development non-governmental organisation.
- Ensure project implementation
- Compile monthly progress reports submitted by health officers
- In collaboration with the health manager, lead technical team on field assessment proposal writing and post-project monitoring and evaluation
- In collaboration with the health manager, design culturally appropriate RH/FP and STI/HIV/AIDS awareness campaigns
- Organise accurate and relevant RH/HIV content teaching materials for health social workers, key groups, PLWHA, and mentor mothers
- Design and conduct training/workshops on relevant RH/HIV topics for ARRA health professionals, Wereda health experts, PLWHA, peer educators and health social workers
- Assist the health manager in collecting of correct and accurate monthly information regarding RH/HIV/AIDS implemented activities
- Represent IRC in monthly coordination meetings at camp based with ARRA, UNHCR, Woreda health staff
- Bachelor’s degree/postgraduate degree in Nursing or Public Health
- Four years of relevant experience for first degree holders and two years of relevant experience for holders of postgraduate degree in public health
- Understanding of RH/STIs/HIV/AIDS issues
- Working knowledge of community mobilisation and capacity building techniques
- Understanding of issues related to gender and GBV
- Experience in organising and facilitating workshops and training
- Basic managerial skills
- Experience in refugee context
- Good programme report writing skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work as a team member under difficult conditions
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Dave McGowan