Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking to fill the role of Mental Health care Navigation Team (MHNT) Leader.
IRC is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development non-governmental organisation.
- Plan team movement and ensure all service package components of the MHNT are delivered
- Specifically take charge of adult and under-five medical consultation and nutrition service package, supported by the two health extension workers
- Handle all quarterly supply issues
- Responsible for vehicle utilisation, administrative management including fuel and travels
- Ensure the link between the team and the zonal/woreda administration, WoHo and service recipient community
- Attend necessary meetings within the woreda during emergencies, planning, responding and monitoring
- Ensure other team members are doing correct tally, recording, registering and filling
- Verify, compile and share complete timely reports to woreda and regional data manager
- Communicate any shortfalls (programmatic and administrative issues to SRHB and/or supporting partners)
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health/MD degree
- Three years, minimum, of work experience for bachelor’s degree holders, two years for master’s degree holders, and one year for MD holders
- Basic supervisory/managerial skills with strong interpersonal skills
- NGO experience in handling emergency health response (preferable)
- Demonstrable experience in working with communities in participatory approaches and capacity building of health centres
- Ability to plan, organise, and supervise implementation of emergency health response projects
- Good technical and report writing skills with computer skills and knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work under pressure in remote areas and understanding of the cultural context of the local area
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: IRC