Deadline: 18 May, 2021
Goethe-Institut Kigali, in partnership with Huza Press, has announced an application call for a four-week Writers’ Residency Programme in Kigali, Rwanda.
The purpose of the programme, according to the call, is to support writers as they complete or make significant advances with a work-in-progress novel manuscript.
Writers’ residency will be awarded jointly to two writers: one writer based in Africa and one German-speaking writer.
Both writers will stay in Kigali for four weeks. During their stay, the writers will have space to work on their writing, have literary exchange with each other and introduce their writing to a local audience.
- Transportation costs (a return economy flight ticket from home to Kigali) and visa fees
- Accommodation during the four-week stay
- Each writer will receive a grant of €2,000 for the residency period (inclusive of a per diem and private transport)
- Writers over 18 years old
- Writers from African countries (except Rwanda) and German-speaking countries
- Writers who have at least one published text, either with a publisher, in a literary magazine or in a newspaper (self-published work will not be considered)
- Writers working on a novel (fiction) manuscript that explores gender and its constructions
- Writers who are available for four weeks in September 2021
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Goethe Dakar