Deadline: 28 April, 2021
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is seeking to fill the role of Administrative Assistant (Finance).
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems for the office
- Maintain imprest accounts, reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports
- Manage the country office petty cash, and monitor project and programme accounts
- Retrieve, enter, select and analyse data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate systems and data bases, and verify accuracy of data documents
- Verify availability of funds under all programmes, ensuring operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and all committing documents are complete and consistent
- Prepare correspondence of administrative and financial nature, draft correspondence to verify data, answer queries, and obtain additional information on transactions and financial matters
- Maintain detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances
- Participate in the consolidation of budget proposal and prepare financial data for budget estimates and financial planning
- Provide reports on budgetary performance of office accounts, and, if required, of project accounts, as well as report variations from budgets
- Maintain local inventory records
- Secondary school education
- Four years of administrative, accounting and office management experience
- Very good knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
- Good knowledge of corporate financial/travel/human resources systems and administrative procedures and policies and organisational structure
- Limited knowledge of another FAO language
- Working knowledge (level C) of English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: FAOAmericas