Deadline: 14 April, 2021
Location: Jijiga, Ethiopia
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is seeking to fill the role of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Specialist.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations including refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs).
- Ensure full compliance with DRC’s minimum MEAL standards in all projects implemented by the Jijiga field office
- Support the development of MEAL components of project proposals, including the development of indicators and project-specific MEAL plans
- Produce monthly analysis reports with updates on the implementation status of all assigned projects
- Collaborate with other MEAL staff, facilitate field-level learning events to capture, document and disseminate lessons learnt for internal and external purposes
- Identify and conduct MEAL-related capacity building needs and opportunities for DRC’s programme staff in the Jijiga field office and assume responsibility for facilitating training on core humanitarian standards (CHS) and beneficiary feedback and response mechanisms
- University degree in Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences, or a related discipline
- Four years, minimum, of MEAL experience within a humanitarian/NGO field
- Experience in translating log frames and result frameworks into monitoring plans, developing data collection tools and protocols, leading data collection and management process, designing and managing databases, and analysing data
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and report writing skills
- Experience in using software applications like Excel, Access, or statistics software such as SPSS, STATA
- Experience with electronic or mobile data collection
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Fluency in Somali will be a plus
- Nationality of Ethiopia
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Danish Refugee Council