Deadline: 15 April, 2021
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is seeking to fill the role of Finance and Admin Assistant.
DRC provides direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs).
- Carry out daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC financial handbook
- Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.)
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- Prepare monthly and weekly cash counts for office on last working day of the week and submit to finance team leader and copy the finance coordinator
- Ensure all documents are correct before paying and are carefully reviewed based on DRC financial procedure
- Ensure the cash advance taken to the field are properly liquidated in due course
- On monthly basis, compile all taxes and proceeds for remittance to relevant tax authorities
- Scan all financial records of Abuja office and ensure they are attached to related voucher in Dynamics
- Transfer all financial documents to the archive room to Yola office on monthly basis
- Provide weekly action plan, including financial tasks to be achieved in coming weeks, to the finance team leader and finance coordinator
- Attend all finance meetings in Abuja when required
- Coordinate with the finance team leader and finance coordinator
- Assist audit focal point in compiling audit requirements
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- One year, minimum, of work experience in the area of administration, finance, accounting, or bookkeeping in an INGO or the commercial sector
- Experience in using Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience in working with Dynamics
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Danish Refugee Council