Deadline: 26 April, 2021
Chemonics is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party for the USAID Zambia water and sanitation project.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent life.
- Provide overall direction, leadership, and management of the project to ensure seamless programme implementation
- Ensure programme compliance with all USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics policies and systems
- Liaise with and maintain effective working relations with senior host government stakeholders, private sector entities, and U.S. government agencies
- Communicate expectations to programme staff and establish an operating climate on the programme that encourages integrity, honesty, open communications, and commitment to compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Provide general oversight of the programme, including overall responsibility for the programme management, strategic vision, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partners
- Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Engineering, Water and Natural Resource Management, or a related field
- Eight years, minimum, of senior-level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of donor-funded programmes, USAID-funded programmes (strongly preferred)
- Experience working on WASH and/or other governance, policy, or service delivery projects
- Strong understanding of Zambia’s WASH system, policies, and institutions
- Familiarity with NWARMA and NWASCO, and experience working with Zambian WASH utilities (preferred)
- Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration to achieve programme goals, meet programme milestones, and produce quality programme results
- Leadership, versatility, and integrity
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Chemonics