Deadline: 20 April, 2021
YouthHubAfrica (YHA) has opened applications for the Margaret Ekpo Youth Fellowship Programme (MEYF) Cohort Two.
The MEYF aims to amplify the voices of young women’s rights activist leaders who are speaking against social norms and cultural practices that enable violence against women and girls in Nigeria.
It is designed to ensure more recognition of women’s voices and leadership in Nigeria and also support the women’s voices to achieve stronger intergenerational partnerships in the efforts to reduce and eradicate gender-based violence in the country.
The programme will provide platforms where young activists are exposed to the theory, discussions and interactive processes related to women’s human rights, social justice movements, local and global strategies to achieve social justice.
- Participants will have their capacities developed on storytelling, social justice movement, and building of strategic partnerships
- An editor will work with participants individually to improve and publish their stories
- Young activists will interface with older activists during the retreats
- Emerging women’s rights activist must be between the ages of 18 and 35
- Applicants must be passionate about social change and activism
- Applicants must have a good and traceable record of activism to empower women and girls
- Applicants must be resident and working within any state in Nigeria
- Applicants must be available to attend retreats and take part in the planned webinars and other online activities
- Applicants must be willing to work with other activists on agreed set goals and activities
- Preference will be given to those who are/will work with civil society organisations and social justice movements promoting gender justice
- Applicants must have carried out some activism and professional work experience, as well as future plans will be considered during selection
- Applicants must be able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: WOCinTech Chat