Deadline: 28 March, 2021
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is seeking to fill the role of Digital Learning in Refugee Hosting Areas Consultant.
The UNHRC is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees and stateless people, and assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement.
- Undertake a mapping of high- and low-tech digital literacy interventions in refugee hosting areas
- Support the development of a strategy on digital learning
- Support rollout of strategy, including training and capacity development for UNHCR and education stakeholders
- Present options for private sector partnerships for improved connectivity and access to digital devices in schools/learning environments
- Represent UNHCR on the ICT in education working group, and advocate refugee inclusion in national programmes
- University degree in Technology, Education, Refugee Studies, or a related field
- Eight years, minimum, of experience in progressively responsible functions in education six years with Advanced University degree)
- Demonstrated experience/background in educational technology and digital inclusion
- Internet connectivity experience
- Experience/skills in designing effective programmes
- Good understanding of the key issues, dynamics and evolution of the education sector in Kenya
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNHCR