Deadline: 31 May, 2021
Solano Publications Limited has announced a call for participation in the Kendeka Prize for African Literature 2021.
The prize, which is an initiative of Kenyan writer Andrew Maina, aims to give African writers, a platform to showcase their work.
Through this prize, Africans will have an opportunity of telling their own stories as they are.
- First-place finisher will receive KShs100,000 while the second and the third-place finishers shall get KShs50,000 and KShs25,000
- The remaining two authors of the top five shall receive KShs5,000 each
- Entrants must be citizens of any African country
- One entry per writer
- Manuscripts should be between 3,000 and 5000 words
- All entries must be in English
- Entries should be saved in Microsoft Word or Rich Text format, with the title of the story the file name
- First page of the story should include the name of the story and the number of words
- Entry must be typed in Times New Roman, 12 point font, with 1.5 line spacing
- Entries must be sent as attachments to an email
To participate and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Solano Publications Limited