Deadline: 05 March, 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer.
WFP works to ensure the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Supervise and manage all activities at Nchelenge field office and Mantapala Refugee Settlement, ensuring a smooth flow of communication and information
- Liaise with local authorities, NGOs, UN agencies and ensure effective coordination of activities including coordination and monitoring of distribution to refugees
- Supervise the implementation of assistance that promotes food and nutrition security
- Provide monthly updates on refugee inflows, cash distribution status and other food security-related situation reports
- In liaison with the Zambia country office in Lusaka and staff from the government and NGO partners, supervise training to smallholders in post-harvest handling and storage (PHHS), facilitating access to appropriate hermetic-sealed storage solutions
- Supervise staff tasked to build capacity of agrodealers and establish an efficient private sector-led distribution network for PHHS equipment in districts where projects will be implemented
- Coordinate technical assessments for the rural financial services such as credit and savings and provide linkage to the village savings and loan associations
- Support partnerships, coordinate and monitor the development of rural finance financial services
- Support the incorporation of social behavioural change communication (SBCC) for nutrition across all activities
- Support business development for the processing of nutritious food
- Advanced university degree in Economics, International Development, Social Sciences, or a related field; or first university degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses
- Five years, minimum, of postgraduate experience (both in the field and headquarters) in nutrition, public health management, development projects, emergency assistance, and/or operational aspects of national, bilateral or multilateral food security and nutrition assistance
- Fluency in English language and, if different, the duty station’s language
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa