Deadline: 25 February, 2021
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant.
WFP works to ensure the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, supporting professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations
- Compile data, prepare and distribute documents to support successful procurement programmes and operational activities, ensuring standard processes are followed
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding available to enable the procurement of goods and services
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach headquarters and field operations
- Research, collate and present information in standard formats, enabling informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, ensuring the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Business Management, Business Administration, or a related field
- One year, minimum, of experience in providing progressively responsible support in procurement work
- Fluency in both oral and written English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNAMID