Deadline: 08 March, 2021
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is seeking to fill the role of Education Manager, Cluster Coordinator.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, reaching the most disadvantaged children and saving their lives.
- Inclusion of key humanitarian partners
- Establishment and maintenance of appropriate humanitarian coordination mechanisms
- Coordination with national/local authorities, State institutions, local civil society and other actors
- Attention to priority cross-cutting issues
- Planning and strategy development
- Application of standards
- Monitoring and reporting
- Advocacy and resource mobilisation
- Training and capacity building
- Advanced university degree in Education, Teacher Education, Primary and Secondary Education, Special Education, Education Strategies, Education Economics, Early Childhood Education, or a related field
- Eight years, minimum, of relevant professional experience, with four years in handling direct education emergency, and two years, minimum, of experience with either the UN and/or NGO
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset
- Knowledge of humanitarian reform principles, international humanitarian law, inter-connectedness and reform pillars and reform updates
- Knowledge of the cluster approach guidelines and terms of reference (and knowledge of how to apply them)
- Knowledge of cluster participants and how to integrate them into the cluster approach
- Ability to mitigate and mediate conflict and disagreements among cluster partners
- Ability to use and adapt cluster coordination tools
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is an asset
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNICEF Ethiopia