Deadline: 03 March, 2021
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking to fill the role of Local Strategic Advisor, UN-Habitat.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
- Support the UK FCDO country programme managers with stakeholder engagement and communication
- Provide expert advice as part of programme delivery
- Ensure alignment of UN-Habitat and UKBEAG’s activities with those of the delivery partners
- Support the UN-Habitat and the UKBEAG with engagement of city stakeholders, including identification of local champions, needs assessments and knowledge sharing
- Support city authorities with technical and strategic recommendations
- Facilitate the application of an SDG project assessment tool
- Organise, deliver and report on SDG project assessment sessions
- Promote city-to-city learning and knowledge exchange
- Identify opportunities for UN-Habitat to continue and broaden its assistance to Nigerian cities
- Advanced university degree in Architecture, Design Studies, Urban Infrastructure Management Urban Planning, Engineering, or a related field
- Seven years, minimum, of relevant work experience in urban planning, mobility, sustainable development, or a similar field
- Experience working in Abeokuta and Lagos, Nigeria required
- Experience in all levels of urban development from project development to implementation
- Knowledge and experience in urban planning, urban mobility and resilience and policies
- Experience in working on social change projects, providing strategic advice and technical recommendations is an asset
- Experience with international development agencies and, in particular, the United Nations and UN-Habitat preferred
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: The Official CTBTO Photostream