Deadline: 31 March, 2021
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), in partnership with Mastercard Foundation, has opened applications for Scholarships 2021/2022.
The eight-year programme is designed to support students that are economically disadvantaged as well as those from post-conflict and conflict affected areas in Africa.
Gulu University and Egerton University are implementing the programme, which is aimed at transforming African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to development challenges.
- The scholarship covers tuition, one return air ticket for African students from outside of Uganda and Kenya, research costs, workshop and conference costs
- It also covers living expenses including stipend and accommodation fees, laptop, internship attachment, community engagement and field attachment, and entrepreneurship training
- Applicant should be a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota
- Applicant should be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota
- Open to people from economically disadvantaged, marginalised communities, and conflict and post-conflict areas
- Applicants seeking undergraduate admission should be less than 25 years of age, while those seeking postgraduate (master’s degree) admission should be less than 30 years of age at the time of application
- Applicant should have completed secondary school and/or diploma for a bachelor’s degree application not more than two years before the time of this call
- Applicant should meet admission criteria in the university of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University)
- For admission into Gulu University for an undergraduate degree programme, applicants must have attained the High School Certificate (HSC) also known as Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent
- For admission into Egerton University, applicants must have completed the Kenya Secondary Education Certificate (KSCE) or its equivalent
- Applicants should demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership qualities
- Applicants should be committed to working in agriculture and agricultural value chains
- Applicants should be strongly committed to community transformation
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: RUFORUM